As a Barista Attendant, you will provide warm, sincere, and engaging service to our guests. With your knowledge of our authentically local menu you will ensure our guests receive an unrivaled experience at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
Rate of Pay: Starting at $15.58 per hour. Full rate after one year is $16.60 per hour.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Outlet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, contents and preparation methods
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Prepare specialty coffee and service of items “to go”
- Sell and attractively display merchandise
- Handle all cash transactions and sales
- Complete daily and monthly inventory
- Perform opening, cleaning and closing duties
- Report any irregularities or comments from guests
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel and guest vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous Food & Beverage and/or retail experience required within the last 2 years
- Previous Barista experience required
- Successful completion of Food and Beverage test required 80% and
- Pro Serve certification required
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences.