Every memorable dining experience at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As a Third Cook, the care you devote to food and workspace preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia- host mountain resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination- just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 528 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization to an unforgettable mountain adventure- start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Assist in the preparation and service of all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Support and motivate kitchen colleagues
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness and quality standards
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year previous experience in the culinary field is required
- BC Food Safe Certificate is required upon commencement of employment
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Previous experience in the culinary field required
- Diploma/Certification in a culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS:
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities— throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Starting month Nov
- Interview options