It is the role of the Staff Housing Supervisor to complete the daily cleaning tasks of the buildings, liaise with contract cleaners, whilst also making themselves available for resident requests and basic front desk administration operations.
Top four reasons to work at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule that works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our COVID-19 Health and Safety commitment link here: https://www.skisilverstar.com/mountain-info/health-and-safety/
As an employee there are many benefits including:
- Free Season Pass (Winter and Summer)
- Free Season Pass for Revelstoke (Winter)
- Free Lift Tickets to all POWDR-owned Resorts – COVID-19 Travel Dependent
- Free Staff Bus to and from Vernon
- Free Ski/Snowboard Group Lessons (Winter)
- Employee Health and Wellness Program including EFAP services
- Discounts on Food & Beverage, Rentals, Retail and Repairs
- Family and Friends benefits on Lift Tickets and Accommodation
- Maintain the cleaning standards of the Staff Housing, Daily public areas cleaning duties, inclusive of: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, changing bin liners in communal areas (kitchen, dining areas, lobby, washrooms, lounge areas, games room and laundry.)
- Liaise with contract cleaners
- Provide assistance to the Staff Housing Manager when required
- Completion of daily administrative duties, staff checks in/out procedure
- Follow and complete a checklist of shift duties – Complete any Incident reports
- Emergency response can include Fire Alarms & First Aid
- Ensure the safety of residents and the building by following SilverStars rules and guidelines
- Monitor OHS in the building, and report any issues to the Staff Housing Manager
- Uphold the safety standards of the building – Snow shoveling, snow shovel logs
- Mail collection, and distribution
- Provide access to the store for residents purchases
- Liaise with Building Maintenance via email regarding maintenance issues
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of residents and their guests and adhere to all related corporate policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 1 year in a supervisory role preferred
- Minimum 1 years cleaning experience required
- Ability to work alone & be productive – self motivated
- Must be mature, patient, with excellent communication skills
- Current First Aid Certificate – an asset, will provide training
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is an asset
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Enjoy working on your feet and moving around for your entire shift
- Per week 40 hours (F/T) 5 days per week
- Operation hours– 0800-16:30 (flexibility)
- Seasonal – both Winter and Summer
As our recruitment video says, “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure. If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable role that enhances people’s lives while having fun, SilverStar is the place to be.
- Housing provided Yes
- Starting month Nov