It is the Night Supervisor’s main responsibility to provide Safety and Security to all of our residents, in addition to their guests during the evening visiting hours, completing lock down of the buildings, along with cleaning duties.
Top four reasons to work at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule that works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our COVID-19 Health and Safety commitment link here: https://www.skisilverstar.com/mountain-info/health-and-safety/
As an employee there are many benefits including:
- Free Season Pass (Winter and Summer)
- Free Season Pass for Revelstoke (Winter)
- Free Lift Tickets to all POWDR-owned Resorts – COVID-19 Travel Dependent
- Free Staff Bus to and from Vernon
- Free Ski/Snowboard Group Lessons (Winter)
- Employee Health and Wellness Program including EFAP services
- Discounts on Food & Beverage, Rentals, Retail and Repairs
- Family and Friends benefits on Lift Tickets and Accommodation
- Perform nightly scheduled and unscheduled patrols, lockdowns of your allocated building, ensuring security and safety of our residents
- Emergency response can include Fire Alarms & First Aid
- Monitor OHS in the building, and report any issues to the Staff Housing Manager
- Report concerns or complaints to the Staff Housing Manager, try and resolve where possible
- Access Control – Monitoring access points of the building, enforcing sign in procedures
- Uphold safety standards of the building – Access point checks, snow shoveling, snow shovel logs, regular walkthroughs of building and fire exits to identify and remove fire hazards
- The Night Supervisor is responsible for cleaning the communal areas
- Follow and complete a checklist of shift duties – Complete any Incident reports
- Provide access to the store for residents’ purchases
- Communication with Security regarding after hours issues
- Liaise with Mountain Security, Fire Department and RCMP as required
- Liaise with Building Maintenance via email regarding evening maintenance issues
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of residents and their guests and adhere to all related corporate policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic Security Training an asset
- Ability to work alone & be productive – self motivated
- Superior communication skills; knowledge of conflict resolution and group dynamics an asset
- Must be mature, patient, professional with good boundaries, Consistent in enforcing rules in a calm manor
- Current First Aid Certificate – an asset will train
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Criminal Record Check (current within 3 months of employment start date)
- Cleaning experience an asset
- Per week range between 25-40 F/T (average 36) 4 days per week
- Operation hours– 16:30 – 0300 (flexibility)
As our recruitment video says, “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure. If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable role that enhances people’s lives while having fun, SilverStar is the place to be.
- Housing provided Yes
- Starting month Nov