SilverStar Mountain Resort Ltd. operates a full range of resort activities for the guest but is primarily a downhill ski area. The Grooming Department is responsible to ensure the best quality snow surface available to the public, thus creating a safe, enjoyable surface on all Alpine, Cross Country and Play areas. The operation of snow grooming equipment during the day or night for the Grooming Department, Lift Operations, Lift Maintenance and Patrol.
Top four reasons to work at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule that works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our COVID-19 Health and Safety commitment link here: https://www.skisilverstar.com/mountain-info/health-and-safety/
As an employee there are many benefits including:
- Free Season Pass (Winter and Summer)
- Free Season Pass for Revelstoke (Winter)
- Free Lift Tickets to all POWDR-owned Resorts – COVID-19 Travel Dependent
- Free Staff Bus to and from Vernon
- Free Ski/Snowboard Group Lessons (Winter)
- Employee Health and Wellness Program including EFAP services
- Discounts on Food & Beverage, Rentals, Retail and Repairs
- Family and Friends benefits on Lift Tickets and Accommodation
- Perform and keep accurate records of daily maintenance and checks on machines
- Report all potential maintenance issues and machinery problems to both Grooming and Maintenance Shop Supervisors
- Operate grooming equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform all assigned tasks set for that shift both on and off the machinery. Manual labor is involved on a regular basis
- Ski or board on Alpine runs and evaluate conditions an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must be physically fit, energetic and self-assured
- Must be able to work well within a team
- Must be able to work independently when required
- Must be comfortable operating equipment in all weather conditions, keeping in mind that this is a mountain atmosphere, and that extreme weather is encountered on a regular basis
- Must be capable of accepting and following directions to perform tasks efficiently and safely
- Per week range between 40 F/T – hours range from 8am to 8am
- Winter and Summer Seasonal Role
As our recruitment video says, “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure. If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable role that enhances people’s lives while having fun, SilverStar is the place to be.
- Starting month Nov