A Repair Technician is responsible for tuning and repairing customer equipment and the rental fleet. They must maintain their work area in a manner that is efficient, organized and safe. They play a key role in ensuring an exceptional guest experience through professionalism, efficiency and know-how.
Top four reasons to work at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule that works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our COVID-19 Health and Safety commitment link here: https://www.skisilverstar.com/mountain-info/health-and-safety/
As an employee there are many benefits including:
- Free Season Pass (Winter and Summer)
- Free Season Pass for Revelstoke (Winter)
- Free Lift Tickets to all POWDR-owned Resorts – COVID-19 Travel Dependent
- Free Staff Bus to and from Vernon
- Free Ski/Snowboard Group Lessons (Winter)
- Employee Health and Wellness Program including EFAP services
- Discounts on Food & Beverage, Rentals, Retail and Repairs
- Family and Friends benefits on Lift Tickets and Accommodation
- Deliver extraordinary customer experiences through direct interaction, sales and service
- Diagnose and recommend appropriate equipment service needs
- Service and repair all equipment according to established guidelines
- Complete necessary documentation and paperwork neatly and accurately
- Comply with all Company, store and area policies and procedures
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment
- Keep work area organized and clean
- Train customer on equipment care and use
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an outgoing, friendly personality
- Previous repair shop experience in a ski/bike resort an asset
- Must be mechanically inclined and familiar with basic tools of the trade
- Must have exceptional customer service and sales skills
- Personal interest in skiing, snowboarding, biking and the outdoors
- Working knowledge of industry products and trends
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Cash handling experience is an asset
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations is required
- Flexible work schedule with per week range between 20-40 F/T
- Operations hours can range from 8am till 8pm
As our recruitment video says, “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure. If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable role that enhances people’s lives while having fun, SilverStar is the place to be.
- Starting month Nov