The rental technician must be knowledgeable about ski, snowboard, Nordic, snowshoe and fat bike rental products and services to be able to assist customers with finding and fitting appropriate equipment. This is an important role in ensuring exceptional guests’ experiences, so they return again and again.
Top four reasons to work at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule that works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our COVID-19 Health and Safety commitment link here: https://www.skisilverstar.com/mountain-info/health-and-safety/
As an employee there are many benefits including:
- Free Season Pass (Winter and Summer)
- Free Season Pass for Revelstoke (Winter)
- Free Lift Tickets to all POWDR-owned Resorts – COVID-19 Travel Dependent
- Free Staff Bus to and from Vernon
- Free Ski/Snowboard Group Lessons (Winter)
- Employee Health and Wellness Program including EFAP services
- Discounts on Food & Beverage, Rentals, Retail and Repairs
- Family and Friends benefits on Lift Tickets and Accommodation
- Must be able to manage the expectations of guests accordingly
- Generate sales through personalized service and strong product knowledge
- Proper delivery of release of liability waiver and rental agreement
- All cash handling duties–opening, balancing, coin orders and closing
- Ensure that the appropriate rental equipment is returned and checked for damage
- Maintain cleanliness of the shop and proper storage of all equipment
- Sizing and fitting of appropriate equipment for each customer
- Perform pre- and post-rental ski and snowboard inspections to ensure safety and guest satisfaction
- Washing rental equipment to maintain professional and high-quality standards
- Provide resort information to the guests
- Recommend resort products and services that drive sales and create customers for life
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with skis, snowboards and related equipment desired
- Previous cash handling experience an asset
- Previous supervisory experience an asset
- Strong communication Skills
- Team player
- Must have an outgoing, friendly personality and positive attitude
- Must be able to deal with people of various ages with animation and with patience
- Professional appearance
- Per week range between 30-40 F/T
- Overtime as required
As our recruitment video says, “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure. If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable role that enhances people’s lives while having fun, SilverStar is the place to be.
- Housing provided Yes
- Starting month Nov