Laundry attendants are responsible for sorting, washing, and drying of linen and stocking housekeeping rooms with supplies. This position has varying shifts and may require work in the early mornings and also late evening. A laundry attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests, and must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests.
Top four reasons to work at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule that works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our COVID-19 Health and Safety commitment link here: https://www.skisilverstar.com/mountain-info/health-and-safety/
As an employee there are many benefits including:
- Free Season Pass (Winter and Summer)
- Free Season Pass for Revelstoke (Winter)
- Free Lift Tickets to all POWDR-owned Resorts – COVID-19 Travel Dependent
- Free Staff Bus to and from Vernon
- Free Ski/Snowboard Group Lessons (Winter)
- Employee Health and Wellness Program including EFAP services
- Discounts on Food & Beverage, Rentals, Retail and Repairs
- Family and Friends benefits on Lift Tickets and Accommodation
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance
- Sort, wash, dry, fold laundry to hotel standards
- Stock room attendant storage rooms to hotel standards
- Assist housekeeping with cleaning of rooms as needed
- Stain treat linens as needed to prolong their life
- Inform the supervisor or manager to any maintenance issues found in guest rooms or common areas
- Conduct necessary routine maintenance within the laundry room
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services
- Ensure hotel security is upheld when entering any rooms and ensuring guest safety policies are withheld at all times
- Wash guest laundry as needed
- Attend SSMR volunteer functions within the community
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and individually including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- A valid BC driver’s license in good standing is an asset (Drivers abstract required)
- Criminal Record Check (current within 3 months of employment start date)
- Per range between 32-40 F/T. Overtime as required week
As our recruitment video says, “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure. If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable role that enhances people’s lives while having fun, SilverStar is the place to be.
- Housing provided Yes
- Starting month Nov