Often a guest’s first impression of a property is the result of the Front Desk Agent’s skills and abilities. Front desk agents provide many guest services, working in the lobby or reception areas of our hotels and other accommodation facilities. The position is challenging, varied and offers the opportunity to work flexible hours and meet many new people.
Top four reasons to work at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule that works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our COVID-19 Health and Safety commitment link here: https://www.skisilverstar.com/mountain-info/health-and-safety/
As an employee there are many benefits including:
- Free Season Pass (Winter and Summer)
- Free Season Pass for Revelstoke (Winter)
- Free Lift Tickets to all POWDR-owned Resorts – COVID-19 Travel Dependent
- Free Staff Bus to and from Vernon
- Free Ski/Snowboard Group Lessons (Winter)
- Employee Health and Wellness Program including EFAP services
- Discounts on Food & Beverage, Rentals, Retail and Repairs
- Family and Friends benefits on Lift Tickets and Accommodation
- Assist other departments as required
- Offer referral for services and handle requests for information
- Handle and store luggage
- Assist with the check-in and check-out of groups and tours
- Ensure all arrivals handled by the Front Desk Team are processed quickly and efficiently
- Ensure that all calls/emails are followed up within 48 hours
- Ensure that the standards of SSH are upheld at all times
- First point of contact for most guests arriving to the mountain. As such, provides a welcoming and friendly first impression
- Meet and exceed the needs of our customers through the efficient and smooth operation of the front desk
- Ensure all guest requests are handled quickly and efficiently
- Develop a “one stop shop” concierge for customers as team knowledge increases and confidence grows. Referring customers to Snowsports and guest services to improve the customer experience
- Attend any SSM sponsored community events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A secondary school diploma is required
- Post-secondary training in tourism or hotel management is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Good organizational skills
- Previous experience in customer service is an asset
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications
- Cash handling experience is an asset
- Administrative skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Working knowledge of the facility, services and local area
- Per week range between 25-40 F/T
- Depending on the establishment operations hours can range from 6am till 11pm
- Night Audit shifts may also be required on a rotating basis
- Winter and summer roles
As our recruitment video says, “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure. If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable role that enhances people’s lives while having fun, SilverStar is the place to be.
- Housing provided Yes
- Starting month Nov