First impressions are everything! Your engaging smile and personality are the essence of a great Door Attendant with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As you personally greet our guests and assist them throughout the day, you will be empowered to deliver on our mission of “turning moments into memories for our guests”.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia- host mountain resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination- just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 528 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure- start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Meeting and greeting guests, helping them with their luggage upon arrival and departure
- To provide parking options and safely parking any valet vehicles
- To provide excellence in guest service and acting as a liaison between the hotel and our guests, always responding to guest requests and concerns in a personal, prompt and courteous manner
- To be exceptionally knowledgeable of all hotel related information including; hours of operation, promotions, menu selection, meeting facilities, guest room and rate structuring and current availability
- To be familiar with all guest related activities and events within the hotel and through outside agencies, such as activities, theatre, transportation, recreation and current events
- To maintain a clean and professional appearance on the front door at all times
- To promote and enforce health and safety awareness as well as to have a complete understanding of the fire evacuation and lost and found procedures
- To actively participate in Fairmont Chateau Whistler’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license with a clean record is required
- Ability to drive standard is required
- Class 4 drivers’ license preferred
- Previous experience in a Guest Service capacity is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Must have a passion for guest contact
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be available to work all shifts including weekends
- Knowledge of Whistler area is an asset.
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Requires lifting 45 pounds of weight for extended periods of time
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Starting month Nov