As a cook, qualified candidates will have a working knowledge of standard kitchen equipment and its uses. A working knowledge of stocks, sauces, butchering & standard cooking techniques such as grilling, frying, sautéing, poaching, smoking and any other cooking medium needed to execute all types of cuisine. A general knowledge of all ingredients to be utilized in their area of work and knowledge of all health and sanitation practices.
- Ensures all food is prepared on clean surfaces (and with clean utensils). Ensure at all time their stations are clean and kept to department standards.
- Ensures food quality and presentation meets LLSR Culinary Department standards prior to being served. Station responsibilities must be monitored at all times.
- Ensures all items prepared on their work station are presented in accordance with departmental specifications.
- Receive and put away any and all product on delivery.
- Provide assistance to all members of the kitchen as requested in a timely & positive manner.
- Ensure that assigned work station is ready for service.
- Abides by all sanitation policies and communicate with the Sous chefs and Chef De Parte when equipment is not functioning properly, if assistance is needed or food pars are low or out.
- Must maintain a positive, helpful and upbeat attitude towards fellow employee’s and guests. Treats guests and co-associates with courtesy and respect.
- Is on their assigned station at all times and reports to manager before departing work area.
- Is to know and follow all basic culinary standards, executing proper knife skills, cooking techniques, food safety procedures, culinary terms, positive dialog with guests.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move food, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of 40-50 pounds.
- Must be able to tolerate areas with extreme high and low temperatures
- Some positions require beginner to intermediate skiing/snowboarding ability and gear
- 3-5 years experience in a professional kitchen
- Formal culinary training is an asset
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Energetic and self –motivated with a willingness to learn new skills
Work Schedule: 5 days on/2 days off
Dress Code: Kitchen uniform (jacket and pants) will be provided. Employee to provide non-slip grease resistant footwear in accordance with appearance policy
- Starting month Jun
- Interview options