Provide support to serving team by way of cleaning and resetting tables, running food orders, and on occasion take beverage orders.
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia – Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination – just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski- in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler isWhistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 529 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Restaurant General Manager, Mallard Lounge, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Replenish product offerings on buffets according to Fairmont Hotels and Resort standards
Bar back duties
- Greet and acknowledge all guests and provide assistance where possible
- Complete side duties in timely manner
- Assist colleagues in daily tasks as required
- Bring any concerns to the attention of the Manager On Duty (related to internal or external guests, food or service quality, operation of the room, physical surroundings or plant)
- Provide assistance to other departments as required (as per our Service Code)
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as required (Communication meetings, Committee meetings) Actively participate in the Chateau Whistler’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned by management
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
- Must be able to work independently in a high volume and fast-paced work environment Must have the BC Serving it Right
- Must be able to legally serve alcohole in BC (19)
- Must be a team player, energetic, outgoing, reliable and punctual
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Must be service orientated, personable and able to provide superior guest service Previous food and beverage experience, in a fast-paced lounge environment, is an asset
- Previous experience in a 4 diamond hotel environment is an asset
- A Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management or Tourism is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing and walking throughout shift Constant lifting of 25lbs or more.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.visas/work permits.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS:
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities – throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific – as well as industry – leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award – winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Starting month Nov
- Interview options