The Bootfitter is responsible for the successful sale of all hard goods, including skis, snowboards, boots, bindings etc. As a member of the retail team you will provide a high level of service through superior product knowledge and customer service. If you are fun, outgoing and customer oriented, this just may be the role for you.
Top four reasons to work at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule that works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our COVID-19 Health and Safety commitment link here: https://www.skisilverstar.com/mountain-info/health-and-safety/
As an employee there are many benefits including:
- Free Season Pass (Winter and Summer)
- Free Season Pass for Revelstoke (Winter)
- Free Lift Tickets to all POWDR-owned Resorts – COVID-19 Travel Dependent
- Free Staff Bus to and from Vernon
- Free Ski/Snowboard Group Lessons (Winter)
- Employee Health and Wellness Program including EFAP services
- Discounts on Food & Beverage, Rentals, Retail and Repairs
- Family and Friends benefits on Lift Tickets and Accommodation
- Generate sales through personalized service and strong product knowledge
- All aspects of custom boot fitting: Foot analysis, shell fit, creating custom footbeds, cuff alignment, shell and liner modifications
- Answer all questions, providing detailed information, and establishing trust with the customer to close of sale
- Present and explain product according to customer’s specific needs along with promoting purchase of related products
- Stock inventory and create captive displays through visual merchandising
- Recommend products and clothing applicable to the customer’s query
- Provide resort information to the customers
- Maintain cleanliness of the shop and proper storage of all items
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 1 year experience with custom boot fitting for Alpine (both Skis and Snowboards)
- Hard goods Expert; knowledgeable about all ski and snowboard equipment
- Experience with Foot and Lower Limb Anatomy and Physiology and Biomechanics an asset
- Professional attitude and confident self-presentation
- Previous customer service experience in a sales environment
- Cash handling experience is an asset
- Must be approachable, dependable and a strong team player
- Per week range between 20-40 F/T and must be flexible
- Operation hours can range from 8am till 8pm
As our recruitment video says, “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure. If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable role that enhances people’s lives while having fun, SilverStar is the place to be.
- Housing provided Yes
- Starting month Nov