The Prep Cook is responsible for the preparation of food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner to be used by the Cooks and Chef De Parties for meal completion. The Prep cook will perform a variety of food preparation duties other than cooking, such as chopping ingredients, separating portions, preparing cold foods, making salads and slicing meats.
- Prepare food in accordance with established recipes
- Be reactive to any special dietary needs as requested
- Study menus and exhibit product knowledge
- Identify, label, date and store meats, poultry, produce and dairy products correctly and in accordance with health and
- Prepare a variety of ingredients, sauces, baked goods based on the Chef’s orders.
- Weigh and measure ingredients and portions.
- Wash, peel and/or cut various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Communicate any ordering requirements to direct supervisor
- Ensure cleanliness & maintenance of work area at all times
- Dishwashing duties as required
- Ensure quality of product & services offered at all times
- 1-2 years of experience within a professional kitchen
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move food, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of 40-50 pounds.
- Flexibility with scheduled shifts
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure work environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Some positions require beginner to intermediate skiing/snowboarding ability and gear
- Must be efficient and knowledgeable about food preparation needs
- Energetic and self –motivated with a willingness to learn new skills
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- A Police Background Check from your home country or province will be required upon commencement of employment
Work Schedule: 5 Days On / 2 Days Off – Business level dependent
Dress Code: Kitchen uniform (jacket and pants) which will be provided. Employee to provide non-slip grease resistant footwear in accordance with appearance policy
- Starting month Oct
- Interview options