Lift operators are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of mountain chair lifts, and the customers that use them. They spend their days helping customers, of all skill levels, load and unload from lifts, in all kinds of weather. As a result, enjoyment of the outdoors is a must! The job of a lift operator is critical to the success of any ski operation because much of the customer’s time is spent with them.
Top four reasons to work at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule that works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our COVID-19 Health and Safety commitment link here: https://www.skisilverstar.com/mountain-info/health-and-safety/
As an employee there are many benefits including:
- Free Season Pass (Winter and Summer)
- Free Season Pass for Revelstoke (Winter)
- Free Lift Tickets to all POWDR-owned Resorts – COVID-19 Travel Dependent
- Free Staff Bus to and from Vernon
- Free Ski/Snowboard Group Lessons (Winter)
- Employee Health and Wellness Program including EFAP services
- Discounts on Food & Beverage, Rentals, Retail and Repairs
- Family and Friends benefits on Lift Tickets and Accommodation
- To operate the assigned lift safely and efficiently while providing guests of Silver Star Mountain Resort with courteous and friendly service
- To fulfill all obligations as a member of the lift team
- To achieve and maintain the highest standards; requires dedication to the team in a very challenging environment
- Inspection and safe operation of chairlifts
- Loading and unloading public
- Excellent ongoing guest service
- Must be able to assist picking up fallen skiers
- Shovel snow to ensure ease of access to safely load and unload lifts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Should desire an outdoor position that requires manual labor
- Minimum age of 19 years is mandatory
- Previous Lift Operations or related field (hard manual labor in an alpine environment) preferred
- Must be an intermediate or above skier/rider
- Must be fluent in English, and enunciate clearly due to high guest involvement and radio use
- Must complete the required training and pass a written test
- Must possess exceptional employee and public relation skills and be of a naturally friendly and cooperative nature
- Must be mature, energetic and dependable
- Must be able to reason and react with quick thoughtful judgment while remaining calm under pressure
- Must be in good physical condition and well groomed
- Per week range between 30-40 F/T
- Operation hours can range from 7am till 10:15pm
- May work alone
As our recruitment video says, “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure. If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable role that enhances people’s lives while having fun, SilverStar is the place to be.
- Housing provided Yes
- Starting month Nov