The successful candidate must be able to handle all housekeeping duties with diligence and ensure that all rooms are kept stocked, clean and tidy at all times. This position will be responsible for cleaning guest rooms, common areas and public washrooms located throughout the lodge. There is an opportunity to continue employment for the following season if successful.
The position is based at the Great Divide Lodge, which is a guest hotel, located at the summit of the famous Kicking Horse Pass in Yoho National Park. The 50 room hotel and hostel style accommodation overlooks the Canadian Rockies and Wapta Lake. More information regarding the Lodge can be found on our website – http://thegreatdividelodge.com/.
- Ensure that all bedrooms, common areas and public washrooms are serviced and cleaned daily by performing general housekeeping duties including; dusting, vacuuming, changing linens and emptying garbage and recycling etc.
- Liaise with Duty Manager or Housekeeping Supervisor, and notify them of areas in need of attention pertaining to repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure cleaning supplies are well stocked, and storage areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensures additional cleaning programs are undertaken as directed and to the performance standards required.
- Packs and replenishes trolleys to the required standard at the end of each shift, therefore minimizing lost time at the start of each shift.
- Advises Supervisor/Manager of any stock shortages, therefore minimizing delays in servicing rooms.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure maximum guest satisfaction at all times.
- Places all soiled linen in appropriate storeroom as soon as removed from guest room.
- Secures guest rooms, ensuring all doors and windows are closed when room clean is complete.
- Ensures all maintenance and safety hazards are promptly reported to the Supervisor/Manager to minimize hazard risk and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction at all times.
- Ensures grooming, hygiene and safety procedures are maintained according to Policy and procedures.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of all chemicals and cleaning products, and the correct handling procedures.
- Strips and remakes beds with Fresh Linen in every room
- Wipes all window sills, doors, and walls when needed, as well as light switches
- Vacuums every room. spot cleaning stains
- Dusts all furniture and fixtures – including headboard, lamps, and desk mirror.
- Reports any maintenance issues including burned out light bulbs
- Wipes mirrors and all vanity fixtures down in bathroom
- Check under bed, drawers, and closet for left behind articles and or trash.
- Cleans and Sanitizes toilet – and around toilet/behind toilet – sanitizes showers and or tubs – removes all mildew and soap scum
- Removes all hair from bathroom floor as well as cleans bathroom floor with cleaning agent
- Vacuums hallways as directed
- Positive attitude coupled with friendly polite service
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Must be detail oriented
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion
- Follow all LLSR policies and procedures
- A three month probationary period applies
- A police background check, from your home country or province, will be required upon commencement of employment
Work Schedule: 8:30am-4:30pm. 5 days on/2 days off
Dress Code: Housekeepers will be provided with the Lake Louise polo shirts and will need to provide their own black pants or long shorts.
- Starting month Jun
- Interview options