The Groundsperson position reports directly to the Golf Course Lead Hand and is responsible for ensuring that the Chateau Whistler Golf Course is in impeccable condition.
Please note: This is a seasonal position available early May through until mid-October.
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia – Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination – just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 526 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Golf Course Lead Hand, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- General cleanliness and neatness of the course area including; the sand traps, cart paths, fairways, greens, rough, and tees
- General landscaping, hand-mowing or weed-eating duties as requested
- Ensure the equipment and general work area is maintained to company standard
- Participate in the Chateau Whistler’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- Be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Comply with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned by management
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
- Previous experience is an asset, but not required
- Steel-toed boots are required
- Valid BC Driver’s License is required
- This job will require working outdoors
- The ability to complete assigned tasks in all weather conditions is a must
- Must be a reliable and dependable team player who has the ability to work well with minimum supervision
- Must have an interest in, knowledge of, or skills in basic grounds maintenance
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities – throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific – as well as industry – leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award – winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Starting month May
- Interview options