As a Golfer Services with Fairmont Chateau Whistler, you will be an ambassador for our on-site championship golf course and the exceptional service that our colleagues offer. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable experience for guests of our golf course, making them feel welcome and valued. Please note this is a seasonal position, available from approximately May until Mid- October.
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia – Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination – just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 526 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health
Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Golf Operations Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Assist guests upon arrival to golf course, by providing a warm greeting and assisting with golf luggage
- Prepare, organize and clean golf cart fleet
- Provide starter services
- Ensure daily upkeep of practice facility
- Provide guest shuttles to and from hotel and/or practice facility
- Follow all policies, procedures and service standards
- To be health and safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous customer service and/or retail experience is required
- Previous golf course experience an asset, but not required
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a clean record is required
- Valid Class 4 BC Driver’s License is an asset, but not required
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Starting month May
- Interview options