Responsible for the care and maintenance of the ornamental plants, shrubs and trees on the hotel grounds and selected golf course sites.
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia- Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination- just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 526 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head Gardener responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of the ornamental plants, shrubs and trees on the hotel grounds and selected golf course sites.
- Operates mechanical and power equipment utilized in the maintenance of ornamental plants and trees.
- Grooming and tending gardens, and ensuring a high level of aesthetic quality throughout the hotel property.
- Actively participate in Fairmont Chateau Whistler’s environmental program Planet21 and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- To be health and safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics.
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned by management.
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external guest service at all times.
- Completing assigned responsibilities as required including communications and committee meetings.
- Knowledge of the characteristics and cultural requirements of ornamental plants, shrubs and trees adapted to the region is an asset.
- Must be a reliable and dependable team player who has the ability to work well with minimum supervision.
- A valid BC Driver’s license with a clean record is required
- Must be physically fit and enjoy working in the great outdoors.
- Must have steel toed boots.
- Must have knowledge and experience or skills in basic gardening or other horticulture related areas.
- Must have an interest in and excitement for gardening.
- Post secondary education in Horticulture/Landscaping a definite asset.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout the shift.
- Constant bending, kneeling and stooping.
- Constant lifting, pulling and pushing of 40lbs or more.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS:
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities – throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific – as well as industry – leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award – winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Starting month May
- Interview options