The Coop Attendant will operate a staff focused grocery store that is an essential service to the health, wellbeing and happiness of our employees while residing in staff housing. Responsibilities associated with the position include assisting with stock placement and merchandising, maintaining general cleanliness throughout the store and ensuring a positive employee experience.
- Sell merchandise to customers
- Ensure that steps are taken to ensure the health and safety of customers and staff
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures
- Stock and face grocery products according to department procedures
- Generate sales and up sell, when possible
- Replace used stock, face and rotate current stock and ensure satisfactory inventory levels.
- Engage and interact with customers to create a positive shopping experience
- Previous retail experience is an asset
- Previous cash handling experience is required
- Flexibility with scheduled shifts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance the needs of customers, staff, maintenance, tenants, and outside interests
- Knowledge of food safety
Work Schedule: 4 days on/3 days off
Dress Code: Uniform shirt provided at cost, black pants in accordance with appearance standards.
- Starting month Oct
- Interview options