Barperson / Mixologist
As a Barperson with Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and flavours that are hallmarks of our restaurant and lounge experience. Your warm, attentive guest service and passion for mixology is worth raising a glass to!
Rate of Pay: Starting at $16.01 per hour. Full rate after one year is $16.85 per hour.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Outlet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist guests and servers regarding all beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Sell and up-sell menu and beverage items in a positive, professional manner
- Project a pleasant and positive professional image to guests at all times
- Control the beverage stock as per guidelines and perform daily inventory reporting and other administrative tasks as required
- Mix drinks and present to guests and/or server in a timely manner
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Knowledge of mixology, creating unique, new and innovative recipes
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel and guest vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 1 year bartending experience required in high volume full service bar within the last 5 years
- Completion of Food and Beverage test required 80% or above
- Pro Serve certification required
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences.