- You love food and look forward to any environment that feeds into this passion. While you’ve never worked in a professional kitchen before, you are eager to learn and master the culinary arts. With the guidance of the Chef de Partie, Sous-Chefs and Chef you can turn out consistent food according to recipe standards, mindful of ticket times and plating standards. You are unflappable, maintaining a pristinely clean work area and can-do attitude even when the kitchen is operating at full capacity. With your high energy and strong work ethic you set a positive tone for the kitchen.
- You thrive in team environments and know that this is a fabulous stepping-stone role leading to a role as a 1st cook, 2nd cook or Sous Chef. You have your Food Safe certification and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Basic food production, preparation of raw ingredients for cooking, employing simple cooking methods on the hot and cold lines, assisting 2nd and 1st cooks, producing and preparing food according to classical culinary standards
Maintaining a standard of food quality in accordance with specific guidelines provided by the Chef de Partie, Sous-Chefs and Chef
- Employing proper rotation of food methods in main kitchen refrigerators and dry storage areas Upholding high levels of kitchen hygiene as per Provincial standards
Learning and employing proper Food Safe practices
Third Cook Wage: starting at $14 plus benefit package after three month probation
- Food Safe certificate required, otherwise must be provided within 3 months of start date as a condition of employment
- Entry level position, no previous cooking experience required, willing to train
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Possess a willingness to learn
- Possess good health and safety habits Personable and friendly
- High energy and a strong work ethic
Must be available to work Monday to Friday.
Our restaurants are open from 10am to 10pm, must be available for shifts during these hours.
- Starting month Nov
- Interview options