- You are proud to call yourself a Cook. You have culinary training under your belt and you want to start to grow within the industry – learning from seasoned cooks. You can turn out consistent food according to recipe standards, mindful of ticket times and plating standards. With your precise knife skills and knowledge of a variety of cooking methods you are able to transform raw materials into beautiful dishes. You are unflappable, maintaining a pristinely clean work area and can-do attitude even when the kitchen is operating at full capacity.
- You have experience in the culinary field and Food Safe certification. You have all requisite qualifications of a secondary school education, excellent customer service skills and the completion of either culinary training or several years of commercial cooking experience.
- Tertiary food production, basic food preparation, preparing cuts and transformation of raw vegetable, fruits, poultry, meats and fish
- Cooking of basic ingredients using simple cooking methods; sautéing, grilling, frying, roasting, and preparation of basic dough to create pastries, cakes and baked goods
- Hot and cold line cooking in Bistro restaurant, assisting in other departments when required Collaborating in more intricate preparations which are done by 1st Cooks and Chef de Parties in their respective area in a timely and cost effective manner
Second Cook Wage: starting at $15.25 plus benefit package after three month probation
- Completion of secondary school required
- Completion of recent culinary training or several years of commercial cooking experience required Food Safe Certificate to be obtained within first 3 months
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prepare food using traditional cooking methods
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to follow established recipes and guidelines
- Starting month Nov
- Interview options