First impressions are everything! As a Public Area Houseperson we want our Guests to see a sparkling lobby every time they walk in. The pride you take in ensuring all public areas of the hotel are clean and tidy will reflect in the Guests view of our property as one of superior quality.
Rate of Pay: Starting at $16.14 per hour. Full rate after one year is $17.35 per hour.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Clean assigned public areas throughout hotel; to include overnight cleaning of the Health Club
- Empty trash in all public areas and clean public area restrooms
- Clean all mirrors, inside of windows, wipe and dust all surfaces; keeping all brass shiny
- Vacuum carpets, maintain and wax lobby and all dance floors as required
- Respond to guest calls/requests
- Review daily function activity to ensure all necessary timelines are met and quality is maintained
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel and guest vehicles
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous housekeeping or janitorial experience an asset
- Valid Alberta driver’s license required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
- Standing: 8+ hrs/day
- Sitting: 0-1 hrs/day
- Walking: 8+ hrs/day
- Bending/reaching: 6-8+ hrs/day
- Pushing/pulling: 4 hrs/day
- Physical effort: moderate to high, required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Environmental stress: high – chemical use, responding to a variety of guest calls
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to Marmot Basin Ski Resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences.
- Starting month Nov
- Interview options