As a Server with Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food & Beverage offerings makes guests of our restaurants and lounges feel unique and valued.
Rate of Pay: Starting at $15.19 per hour. Full rate after one year is $15.58 per hour.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Outlet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Project a pleasant and positive professional image to guests at all times
- Sell and up-sell menu and beverage items in a positive, professional manner
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Deliver and present food items to guest tables
- Process guest checks in a timely and efficient manner
- Bus and re-set tables
- Perform opening, cleaning and closing duties
- Report any irregularities or comments from guests to supervisors and leadership
- Take initiative to rectify guest recoveries as per brand standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel and guest vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- 1 year a-la-carte serving experience required in the last 5 years
- Successful completion of Food and Beverage test required 80% or above.
- Pro Serve certification required
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
- Sitting – 0-1 hr/day
- Walking -6-10 hr/day
- Standing – 6-10 hr/day
- Bending/Reaching – 4-6 hr/day
- Pushing/pulling – 4-6 hr/day
- Physical Effort – required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Environmental Stress – busy atmosphere
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to Marmot Basin Ski Resort in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences.
- Starting month Nov
- Interview options