As a Host/Hostess with Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable first impression for guests of our restaurants and lounges, making them feel welcome and valued.
Rate of Pay: Starting at $15.58 per hour. Full rate after one year is $16.60 per hour.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Outlet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer a professional, friendly greeting and engaging service
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Coordinate seating and flipping tables
- Understand the Server and Busperson’s tasks in the outlet and provide assistance as required
- Understand shift end reports in the outlet and the POS system
- Escort guests to their tables
- Organize reservations on a daily basis using Open Table reservation system
- Assist guests regarding food and beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Perform opening, cleaning and closing duties
- Have knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel vehicles
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Coordinate wait lists and maximize seating arrangements during peak periods
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous guest facing customer service experience required in the last 3 years
- Minimum 6 months of food and beverage or retail experience.
- Pro Serve certificate required
- Previous Point of Sale System experience an asset
- Open Table experience an asset
- Self-motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to Marmot Basin Ski Resort in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
- Sitting: 0-1 hr/day
- Walking: 6-10 hr/day
- Standing: 6-10 hr/day
- Bending/reaching: 4-6 hr/day
- Pushing/pushing: 4-6 hr/day
- Physical effort: required to life up to 30 lbs
- Environmental stress: busy atmosphere
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences.
- Starting month Nov
- Interview options