- You are naturally warm and friendly, making people feel immediately welcome and important. You’re an avid skier/snowboarder yourself and know that a great run down the mountain starts with the lift up. You set the tone for a guest’s experience with a positive energy so that even when things are busy, you are always calm, upbeat and resourceful. With your can-do attitude you keenly observe your guests to match their particular expectations, offering a friendly comment or a helping hand.
- While creating a fun atmosphere is a priority, you realize that safety always comes first and guidelines set must be followed diligently. You are always aware of your surroundings, and are quick to problem- solve and react when needed. Ideally, you have experience as a lift operator and experience skiing or snowboarding. You are able to assist coworkers when needed as you are able to lift up to 40 lbs and always are prepared with your great guest service skills. If this sounds like the opportunity you would like to pursue, we would love to learn more about you.
- Greeting every guest with a smile and friendly comment
- Providing physical assistance to guests loading or unloading from the chairlift
- Listening and reacting to guests; seeking additional information from lead hand or supervisor in order to answer guest inquiries
- Communicating to guests using “Sure We Can” philosophy
- Maintaining a high quality, friendly and cooperative relationship with guests and mountain staff Operating conveyor, fixed-grip and detachable lifts safely and efficiently following guidelines established by the supervisor and Z98 code (aerial lift code book) and the lift operators manual
- Notifying lead hand or supervisor in the event of unsafe, unusual, abnormal situations or incidents Preparing and completing documentation required by BC Safety Authority
- Controlling line-ups by directing guests to appropriate queues
- Shovelling snow from load/unload ramps, raking and grooming ramps
- Assisting transport with manual labour tasks; digging in winter signage
- Keeping lift stations clear of snow and ice, and keeping lift huts, tools and loading/unloading areas clear of clutter
- Providing lift passengers with dry, de-iced seats and maintaining them during periods of precipitation.
- Skiing or Snowboarding experience preferred
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide excellent guest service at all times, especially during periods of inclement weather Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to work morning and evening shifts as well as some holidays
- Must enjoy working outdoors in varied weather conditions
- On-the-job training provided
- Starting month Nov
- Interview options