Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge begins behind the scenes with our culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As a General Cook, the care you devote to food and workspace preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Rate of Pay: Starting at $16.66 per hour. Full rate after one year is $17.20 per hour.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Report to CDP in assigned work area
- Assist in the preparation and service of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure proper labeling, dating and storage of all items in the kitchen
- Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel vehicles
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in the culinary field an asset
- Valid Alberta driver’s license an asset
- Understanding of knife use and safety required
- Completion of a certified foodservice handling course an asset
- Diploma or Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
- Sitting – 0-1 hrs/day
- Walking – 1-8 hrs/day
- Standing – 6-8 hrs/day
- Bending/Reaching – 1-3 hrs/day
- Pushing/Pulling – 1-3 hrs/day
- Physical Effort – must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Environmental Stress – High – works mainly inside, however outside work may be required
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to Marmot Basin Ski Resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences.
- Starting month Nov
- Interview options