Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our culinary team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Showcase your talents as a Dishwasher / Steward, where your attentiveness and care will ensure the creation of exceptional cuisine.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia- host mountain resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination- just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 528 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure- start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chief Steward responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
• Operate an industrial dishwasher
• Ensure the kitchen colleagues have the dishes/silverware required and guests have clean dishes
• Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
• Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner
• Ensure all breakages and chipped items are removed from circulation and inventoried
• Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times
• Required to assist in our Stores department on a need be basis. Duties would include sorting and stocking daily deliveries.
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous janitorial experience is an asset
• Organized and detail oriented
• Food Safe Certification required
• A valid BC Driver’s license is required
• Self motivated without constant supervision
• Must be in good physical condition
• Must be a team Player
• Previous hotel work experience is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities— throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Grooming policies apply Yes
- Housing provided Yes
- Starting month Nov