A smile and helping hand is what our Guests will experience as you personally greet them on their arrival. As a Bellperson with Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, your knowledge of the hotel and the professionalism you display will create a sense of “welcome” like no other.
Rate of Pay: Starting at $17.90 per hour. Full rate after one year is $19.13 per hour.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Manager, Guest Services, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service
- Follow Front Office policies, procedures and service standards
- Administer curb-side check in at a designated place following Front Office policies and procedures
- Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel and guest vehicles
- Responsible for the transportation of Guests to their room, as well as the delivery of luggage, messages, newspapers and any other items for delivery within the Hotel
- Ensure the guest is familiar with their room upon arrival temperature control
- Maintain a presence in the Lobby offering assistance to Guests, opening main entrance doors and car doors upon Guests’ arrival under the direction of the Bell Captain
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Assist with overall traffic and parking control in courtyard and throughout property as required
- Ensure that the general upkeep of the hotel lobby and front courtyard is maintained
- Following all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous guest service experience required
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s license and a clean drivers abstract
- Class 4 Alberta Driver’s license is an asset, permanent colleagues will need to obtain within probationary period
- Current first aid certification an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge property, town of Jasper and local attractions preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities, outgoing and ability to anticipate Guests’ needs
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences.