Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. Showcase your service and organization strengths as Banquet Houseperson, where your attention to detail, safety and quality will help “set the stage” for a successful group function.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia – Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination – just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 529 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Banquets, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Maintain the cleanliness of banquet rooms, hallways, storage and service areas
• Lift and store tables, chairs and staging efficiently and safely
• Set-up, maintain and break down banquet\meeting rooms
• Follow directions from banquet event orders for assigned banquet\meetings
• Report needed repairs of unsafe equipment and\or conditions
• Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous guest service experience preferred
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Constant lifting and occasionally lifting up to 40 lbs
• Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities— throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Grooming policies apply Yes
- Housing provided Yes
- Food provided Yes
- Uniform provided Yes
- Starting month Nov