Job Title: Activity Instructor / Group Leader.
Working in the combined role of Activity Instructor/Group Leader you will be responsible for delivering taster
sessions in our camps core activities. You will also be responsible for supervising and organising guests
outside of these activity sessions and organising and participating in evening entertainments to ensure that
guests have the best stay possible.
- To deliver safe and enjoyable activity sessions to guests.
- Take full responsibility for guests and accompanying adults during structured activity sessions.
- Teach groups basic techniques and encourage relevant improvement.
- Maintain overall supervision and give individual guidance, ensuring that guests realise their potential
and gain maximum enjoyment from each session.
- Ensure that all sessions are conducted in a safe manner in accordance with the company’s site-specific
- Minimum Operating Standards.
- Use equipment in line with training and record any damage or faults.
- To take full responsibility for guests outside of structured activity sessions ensuring that guests have the best possible experience (Group Leader).
- Welcomes the groups on arrival, conducts site tours, and welcome briefings with Party Leaders,
accompanying adults, and guests.
- Determine the group’s objectives and communicate regularly with the Party Leader to ensure these
objectives are being met.
- To be the main point of contact throughout the group’s stay, liaising with Party Leaders or
accompanying adults ensuring that any problems or issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Keep the group organised and entertained outside of structured activity sessions.
- Organise and take responsibility for evening entertainment with the group.
- Broaden your own activity competence and knowledge.
- Attend any training courses as directed by your Line Manager, Centre or General Manager.
- Regularly review your own targets and work towards the achievement of agreed objectives.
- Ensure that any activity qualifications and memberships with NGBs are renewed and re-validated as
- Assist with centre-specific duties associated with a residential children’s activity centre.
- Assist in other departments as required (Catering, Housekeeping, Retail, and Maintenance).
- Assist at other centres across the estate as required.
- Residential staff may be required to cover an overnight on-call Emergency Assistant shift on a rota
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience working with children and young adults.
- Ability to work as part of a team & deliver results.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Experience in delivering high levels of customer service.
- Good organisational skills.
- Relevant National Governing Body qualifications.
- Salary Offers Up to £1,825
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Grooming policies apply No
- Housing provided Yes
- Food provided Yes
- Uniform provided Yes
- Min contract period 4 months
- Starting month Feb
- Interview options
- Pay rate Up to £1,825
- Housing rate £8,01 per night
- Starting Date Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul
- Block out date Jan, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
- Training offered Yes
- Travel friendly Medium
- Work with fiends Yes
- Pre departure job guarantee Yes