View more 4 months ago
Job Title: Catering Assistant.
Reports to: Catering Team Leader/Head Chef/Chef.
- As a member of the Catering Team, you are responsible for ensuring the provision of quality and safe service whilst
meeting catering standards and agreed procedures, contributing to a great dining experience for all guests and
staff, and providing great customer service in a friendly, fast-paced environment.
- Duties will vary depending on the centre, the main aspects would include preparation and maintenance of the dining room
standards prior to, during, and after meal times, providing counter food service, washing up but also when necessary food
preparation under the supervision of a qualified staff member.
- Deliver high levels of food service.
- Setting up the dining room in preparation for meal times.
- Ensuring the cleanliness standards of the dining room, crockery/ cutlery, and other equipment are maintained
- Adequate replenishment of condiments, crockery/cutlery, and drinks before and throughout service.
- Food service from the counter and ensuring that the salad bar/bread/fruit display is stocked correctly.
- Liaising with the chef on duty, within agreed timeframes to ensure food quantity levels are maintained
- Food preparation (as required) ensuring agreed standards of safety, quality, and presentation are adhered to
at all times.
- Ensure clear away points are well managed throughout the service.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Maintain a professional image by being polite, helpful, and courteous at all times.
- Respond to customer comments and complaints in a positive and proactive manner.
- Maintain standards of Cleanliness and Hygiene.
- Carry out correct procedures with regard to food hygiene.
- Correct and safe operation of the dishwasher machinery.
- Correct use and storage of chemicals.
- Upkeep high standards of cleanliness and hygiene within the catering department.
- Adherence to all health and safety regulations overall.
- Assist with centre-specific duties associated with a residential children’s activity centre.
- Assist in other departments as required (Housekeeping and Maintenance).
- Assist at other centres across the estate as required.
- Residential staff may be required to cover an overnight on-call Emergency Assistant shift on a rota basis.
- Attend any training courses as agreed with your Line Manager.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Basic English language.
- Previous catering experience.
- Maintains a positive and cheerful attitude with customers.
- Is approachable.
- Understands the impact of own behaviour on others.
- Support teammates in the development of their skills.
- Uses appropriate verbal and non-verbal language.
- Chooses the appropriate method of communication considering the needs of the audience.
- Daily tasks and activities are completed on time and to the required standard.
- Follows pre-set procedures when required.
- Prioritises tasks effectively to ensure priority items are completed.
- Actively seeks opportunities to develop own skills and knowledge.
- Goes the “extra mile” when required.
- Complies with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Is punctual and present for work.
- Salary Offers £1,825
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Grooming policies apply No
- Housing provided Yes
- Food provided Yes
- Uniform provided Yes
- Min contract period 4 months
- Starting month Feb
- Interview options
- Pay rate £1,825
- Housing rate £8,01 per night
- Starting Date Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug
- Block out date Jan, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
- Training offered Yes
- Travel friendly Medium
- Work with fiends Yes
- Pre departure job guarantee Yes