This Full-time role involves working earlies from 6.30 am to 3.30 pm, Lates from 3 pm – 11 pm/Midnight/2 am, and will include weekends as these tend to be the busiest days. Applicants will be required to be fully flexible with regard to the hours and shifts that they can work.
Although taking orders and serving food is of course an important part of the job, this role entails so much more. You are one of the teams who will liaise face-to-face with our guests, which means you can make one of the biggest impressions and help make our guests feel welcome and at home. You will have the opportunity to make someone’s day – every day. Whether it’s suggesting the perfect wine to go with Mr. Singh’s fish dish, or remembering that Ms. Porter recently met her first grandchild, building a rapport is an important part of your role.
You will be an attentive person who can spot in seconds when someone is trying to catch your eye for the bill, whether they’re missing a spoon for their dessert, or if they need a high chair before they even need to ask. You’ll also have a big responsibility for maintaining the safety and well-being of our guests, from allergy awareness to standards of cleanliness.
What’s in it for you:
- All our waiting team members are paid hourly with any overtime paid.
- A share of a service charge – 100% of which is split between the team.
- Live-in accommodation is charged at just £60.90 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills.
- Delicious meals on duty.
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount on all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays).
- Free parking on site.
- The online retail discount platform offers thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants and a health and well-being platform.
- Ideally, you will have some experience in a similar role and ideally within a fine dining restaurant or wedding venue.
- You’ll be a team player with bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
- You’ll take pride in your appearance, and be proud to be the face of Hand Picked.
- You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practices.
- You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment.
- Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive, and proactive manner.
- Salary Offers £18 per hour plus tip
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Grooming policies apply Yes
- Housing provided Yes
- Food provided Yes
- Uniform provided Yes
- Min contract period 6 months
- Starting month May
- Interview options
- Pay rate £13 per hour plus tip
- Housing rate £48-£87 per week
- Starting Date May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
- Block out date Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
- Training offered Yes
- Travel friendly Low
- Pre departure job guarantee Yes