Live in Carer Jobs – London.
- Start Dates: All year round.
- Meals: All food is free when working.
- Salary: Earn from £560* up to £665 per seven days worked.
- Accommodation: All accommodation is free when working.
- Uniforms: Are provided if required.
- Work week explained: Two weeks on, two weeks off – travel as often as you like.
Training: Free, comprehensive, specialist training program.
The variety within the PA’s role is what many people enjoy – the challenge of adapting to new environments, understanding varying needs, and the consideration of the individual’s working and social life requirements.
Often, with no previous work experience, the one thing all of our PAs have in common is… A positive attitude!
The Working Holiday Club™ PAs live with the client for one-to-two weeks at a time, helping them with everyday activities such as getting in and out of bed, washing and toileting, shopping and cooking, driving, and don’t forget those nights out on the town! Trust, friendship, respect, understanding, and compatibility are critical to the relationship between live-in carer and client and can be mutually rewarding, with many PAs remaining in close contact once they return home or progress in their career.
Although all care-work assignments are different, there are some common activities that may offer more insight into the role of a TWHC PA.
Client personal care:
- Assistance with washing, bathing, changing, and dressing.
- Helping in and out of bed, wheelchair.
- Full toileting, bowel, and bladder routine.
- Assistance with personal grooming, hair care, nails, feet, eyes, etc.
General domestic duties.
- Laundry, washing, and ironing.
- Cooking and serving meals.
- Light housework such as dusting, and vacuuming.
- Simple maintenance of wheelchairs and other equipment.
- Extramural activities (this is when the client’s individual lifestyle most influences the role you play).
- Some clients work full-time, others are studying, and some have an active involvement with disabled sports or a busy social life with family and friends.
- Of course, some opt for a quieter, home-based way of life with interests in computers, painting, music, or even the stock market.
Help with everyday activities such as:
- Making drinks.
- Assistance with correspondence.
- Paying the inevitable bills.
- Moving things in the home.
- Assistance in and out of the car/van.
- Daily and holiday escort assistance.
- Care of pets.
- Salary Offers £560* up to £665 per seven days worked.
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Grooming policies apply No
- Housing provided Yes
- Food provided Yes
- Uniform provided Yes
- Min contract period 6 months
- Starting month Feb
- Interview options