Corporate/Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street.
- At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from the back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity).
- Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests, clients, and partners’ expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
- For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family-owned company, we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
- With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK’s most vibrant cities, EHL’s vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Labourer.
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Maintenance in Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street.
- As General Foreman, you will provide leadership and control of a team comprising, Section Foremen, Junior Foremen, and Gangers. As general foreman you will supervise and coordinate site personnel and subcontractors, reporting all relevant site activities and managing the quality %26 speed of works of work performed. Safety is EHL number one priority hence they must be able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately and have an uncompromising approach to the development, implementation, and management of safe systems of work. Assist the Group General Foreman 26% of the Group Project Manager to complete the project on time and within budget and ensure all H%26S aspects are met at all times. To be able to liaise with other disciplines and departments i.e. design team, project team, and SMT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement.
- Place, consolidate, and protect case-in-place concrete or masonry structures.
- Position, join, align, and seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes.
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers, 3%, and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Tend machines that pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, plaster, or stucco through spray guns for application to ceilings and walls.
- Tend pumps, compressors, and generators provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt.
- Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices in confined and/or hazardous environments.
- Load and unload equipment from trucks.
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or using caulking guns.
- Build and position forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, or wood flooring, using abrasive tools or machines.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Mix ingredients to create compounds for covering or cleaning surfaces.
- Provide assistance to craft workers, such as carpenters, plasterers, and masons.
- Raze buildings and salvage useful materials.
- Ensure that all work is being done in compliance with the company
- CSCS card.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, their uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Experience in carrying out high-quality maintenance works.
- Experience in working with and understanding a Schedule of Rates.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety regulations.
- Able to demonstrate good customer care.
- Able to demonstrate good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds, or from other difficult positions.
- Asbestos awareness certificate.
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
- Competitive Salary.
- Complimentary 2-night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years of service).
- Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends, and family.
- Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars.
- Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments.
- Hot meals and salad bars, teas, coffees, and juices are provided each day.
- Uniforms are provided per role requirement.
- All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.
How to book your spot:
Go here to make an enquiry:
Call 1300 295 579