Full-time, 36 hours across 5 shifts.
Pay up to £12.50 – £ 13 per hour inclusive of Tronc.
*every penny of the service charge is shared between the teams at the café and you can access 50% before payday through Wagestream.
Dishoom is an awesome, award-winning place to work (No. 4 in the Times Top 100 places to work, No.1 in Leisure & Hospitality 2021), offering first-class training, great benefits, and industry-leading pay.
Our restaurants are busy, bustling, and full to the brim of Bombay food and culture. The team is super big-hearted and very talented – they’ll support you from day one.
We care deeply about looking after you and work hard to make life at Dishoom the best it can be. This is a place where you can learn, grow and develop skills that will stand you in good stead for a lifetime.
Above all, we care about making Dishoom a place where jobs turn into satisfying and long-lasting careers.
- Employee Health & Wellbeing -awarded by Springboard 2021.
- Excellence in Learning & Development – awarded by HR in Hospitality 2019 & 2021.
- Candidate Experience – Caterer People Awards 2018.
We’re looking for a Host to join our Dishoom Birmingham team.
You’re chatty, caring, and attentive. You’re a natural people person and a stickler for the details, never walking past a problem and always offering a helping hand.
We care deeply about your well-being and help you to live your happiest, healthiest life. Here are a few of our key benefits at Dishoom, to ensure you are supported and feel valued being part of our teams:
- Fine and wholesome dedicated team meals.
- Bottomless hot drinks when on shift.
- Half-price food and drink at all Dishooms before 5 pm (with up to five guests) and a 25% discount thereafter.
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day off. Plus, if you have children, one extra day to take them to their first day at school).
- Top-class Training and Development- ambitious team members are encouraged to sign up for the Dishoom Learning Library and enrol in either Babu Masterclass or Kitchen Academy.
- All managers are fully trained in mental health first aid for your welfare. Or if you ever need to chat with someone outside of work or home, there’s a confidential advice helpline, which is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Dishoom Premier League (In-house Cricket competition) and other sporting events, you can enjoy discounted memberships, classes, and yoga sessions from the very best studios and gyms around.
- Team get-togethers every two weeks; enjoy a night on Dishoom and meet other Dishoom-wallas across our London cafés.
- Invites to great parties – we have a massive summer party (think: a huge festival with music, fairground rides, food, drink, and all-day-long pampering for you and two family members to enjoy, all on us), a huge Christmas party, and team get-togethers every other week.
- All Dishoom-wallas who work at Dishoom for 5 years is invited to attend Bombay Bootcamp – an amazing once-in-a-lifetime guided tour of Bombay with our co-founders!
To find out more about us and what our team says about Dishoom as a place to work, check us out at:
Twitter, LinkedIn: @dishoom
Apply today and you’ll receive a quick response to meet with us.
One last thing. Every week you work at Dishoom you’re accountable for over 50 meals being donated to hungry children. Over 50 meals every single week – that’s something to be proud of!
*All applicants must be over the age of 18 due to the sale of alcohol in our restaurants.
- Min contract period 6 Months
- Interview options