We care about your career and are known for having the absolute best people in the industry. When you join us as a Bar Back you start a unique opportunity to become celebrated as the very best in your field. You’ll learn not only from your fellow Legends, but also through our award-winning learning academy, so that you can achieve the highest standards of craft, service, and leadership and become a legend in your own story.
What you’ll get
As a Bar Back at The Dorchester, here are just some of the great benefits you will receive:
- Fantastic Employee bonus scheme and Excellent Service charge
- Complimentary stays including breakfast across the Dorchester Collection Hotels – up to 48 nights every year
- 50% F&B discount at selected bars and restaurants within the Dorchester Collection
- Vibrant Social events that bring employees together including Summer party and Winter ball
- Amazing benefits such as discounts in various high street and online shops, seasonal ticket loan, rental deposit scheme and competitive Private Pension Scheme
- Apprenticeship, training and development opportunities – from Level 2 (Hospitality Team Member) up to Level 5 (Operations Manager) and many others.
- £ 750 bonus when you recommend a friend
- Access to immediate well being advice, because We Care about our employees
What you’ll do
You’ll love what you do and take pride in delighting our guests:
- You will be responsible for supporting the bartender and bar waiters with setting up the bar, keeping the pantry and bar section tidy, clean and presentable at all times, as well as possessing excellent knowledge of the drinks and food menu during the daily service. Tasks will include cutting the ice, preparing fruits and cocktail garnishes all to ensure our guests receives nothing but the best experience.
- You’ll also show flexibility and creativity in dealing with guests’ special requests or any challenges that may arise during the day
The items shared are the essence of a day in the life of a Bar Back, but we’ll make sure you are provided with specifics on how we care for our hotel
What you’ll bring
- Our values of, Passion, Personality, Respect, Working Together and Creativity guide us each and every day. As a Bar Back you’ll have the opportunity to bring these to life and continue to create our legacy.
- Communication is what keeps our departments running perfectly. You have great communication skills with a strong customer service ethic.
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. You can comfortably communicate in this language