Revelstoke Mountain Resort has staff accommodation available for all employees.
Staff housing is shared, with rooms for 2 to 6 people. We do not mix genders unless requested by both/ all parties (e.g., travelling as a couple), and appropriate space is available. All accommodations have shared common living areas. We do not provide single-occupied accommodation.
Weekly inspections take place in all staff housing.
Staff housing is located primarily in downtown Revelstoke, 6km from Revelstoke Mountain Resort.
Groceries, recreation, and medical clinics are a short distance from staff housing in downtown Revelstoke.
All utilities, Wi-Fi, and one set of linens are included in the daily fees.
- Vehicles must be registered with the housing department.
- Parking is limited and on-street parking may be required.
- Availability of parking differs between properties.
Uninsured vehicles are not permitted to be parked at any staff housing properties.
- A damage deposit of $ 200 CAD is required upon arrival. Those who have not paid their deposit on arrival will not be permitted to move into staff housing. The deposit must be paid in cash only.
- The damage deposit will be refunded subject to a departure inspection, which will be performed within 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure. If the room, bedding provided, and common areas are not returned to a high standard of cleanliness or there is damage noted, the damage deposit will be forfeited in its full or partial amount.
- The occupier/ employee will pay a daily fee for their staff housing.
Fees will be payable by way of payroll deduction. The daily fee is deducted from your pay, on each cycle, for all employees residing in staff housing.
- Daily fees vary by room and property. Fees range between 13$ and 30$/ day.
What should I bring?
- Before you start packing remember you will be living in shared accommodation, so we
recommend that you pack light. Storage can be extremely limited.
- Outdoor equipment is not permitted in rooms or communal living areas of the property. Store equipment in designated areas only. The Company will not be held liable for any damaged, lost, or stolen equipment.
- Some properties have coin-operated machines on the property, and some require the use of the downtown Laundromat.
- All kitchens are shared with other rooms and housemates. It is the responsibility of all
residents to contribute to the cleanliness of the kitchen and common areas and be respectful of others who need to prepare meals. Food storage may be limited.
- Meals are not provided by the housing department.
- All Bathrooms are shared. It is the responsibility of all residents to contribute to the cleanliness of shared bathrooms.
- Bathroom amenities are not provided by the housing department.
- It is mandatory to report any general maintenance issues and damages immediately to
ensure the prevention of further damage.
- In the event of an emergency, the housing department will be available 24 hours a day.
Size of the resort: Employs over 200 staff during the winter season. This place started off as just a local favourite but in recent years has been discovered by the wider public and is now a definite stop on the ‘big mountain’ road trip.
Staff Housing: The location comes with shared staff housing. The housing location is in the township of Revelstoke, roughly 6 km from the resort. All rooms are shared and generally 2-4 people per room with bunk beds or single beds. Housing is allocated by Revelstoke and once you have a job contract is when you can send through any requests of who you want to live with.